Ginger & Browns Ltd. is committed to protecting your privacy. From the 25th of May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation means that we must ensure that your personal data is even safer than it was under the Data Protection Act.
Using our Online Store
What information do we collect?
During the Online Ordering process, it is necessary to collect the following information:
Billing Address & Delivery Address
Contact Email & Phone Number
What do we do with this information?
In order to deliver an online order to you, we (Ginger&Browns Limited) must give these details to the delivery service used.
Occasionally we may need to use the contact details you have provided ourselves to inform you of a delay or problem with your order
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How long do we store your information?
We are required under Tax Laws to store copies of these invoices for 7 years.
2. A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
3. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
4. We use first party, session and persistent cookies on our website. First party cookies are set by the website you are visiting and they can only be read by that site. Session cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and are deleted from the user’s device when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are a type of cookie that is saved on your computer for a fixed period (usually a year or longer) and is not deleted when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are used where we need to know who you are for more than one browsing session. For example, we use this type of cookie to store your preferences, so that they are remembered for the next visit.
5. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
a. in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
b. in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
c. in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
6. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
7. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
8. You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
a. in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
b. in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history", clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"; and
c. in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
9. Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Other Privacy Policies to be Made Aware of:
Using our Physical Store
If you visit us in store, it may sometimes be necessary to collect personal data from you, for example if you would like us to order in a specific item for you, and contact you when it has arrived. Any data we need to collect in order to complete your request will be stored physically rather than digitally, with suitable physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
How long do we store your information?
We will only retain this information until your request has been completed, or you have cancelled your request. Your data will then be appropriately and safely destroyed at the earliest opportunity.
Other Things to Note
We use Payment Sense for credit and debit card transactions in store, and to ensure PCI DSS Compliancy is upheld.
Data Given to us via Email or Phone
Our contact information is available through many avenues, if you have phoned us to place an order or any similar request that requires us to use your personal information, you will have a Privacy Statement read out to you over the phone to ensure you understand what we do with your data, prior to any data being recorded or processed.
Prior to successfully signing up to our online Newsletter, you will be given a description of what we will use your data for. We use Mail Chimp to deliver our Newsletter, and you will be presented with their information in addition when subscribing. You are able to unsubscribe at any point from our Newsletter by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each email.
Controlling your Data
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, you must pass our security questions first. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to request that we remove any data of yours that we currently store. You must be aware however that there are legal reasons such as for Tax Purposes, that will prevent us from erasing your data until the 7 years required has passed.